Leigh Academy Rainham processes all Free School Meals Applications. If you have previously qualified for Free School Meals you will still need to reapply for your child/children to continue receiving them from September 2021.
Please note that the information that you submit is completely confidential.
Free school meals are available to pupils based ton the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
All of the Academy’s meals meet the government’s food standards, which mean they are healthy and nutritious, and additionally are very tasty!