Leigh Academy Rainham processes all Free School Meals Applications.
If you have previously qualified for Free School Meals you will still need to reapply for your child/children to continue receiving them from September 2022.
Please note that the information that you submit is completely confidential.
Free school meals are available to pupils based on the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Before you apply you will need to have the following information to hand:
- Your own name and date of birth
- Contact details
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Seekers Number
- Child’s name and date of birth
- School your child is attending/will attend.
Once submitted, parents/ carers are informed whether or not an application has been successful and if the child is eligible this will automatically be sent to the Academy. If the form states the student is not eligible and it is thought to be an error, parents/ carers need to contact the Academy.
Free school meal status cannot be applied retrospectively so it is extremely important the form is submitted promptly before the start of the school year to avoid any charges for food brought prior to this.
All of the Academy’s meals meet the government’s food standards, which means they are healthy and nutritious, and additionally are very tasty!